Sunday, December 19, 2010

Goodbye for now Portland!


It's 10:58 pm and we are just finishing up on our first day of our journey ahead. With less than favorable road conditions through Oregon, cars and trucks strewn through the ditches, a 3 hour hwy closure, and semi trucks dangerously billowing past (followed by some cursing by Clayton), I think we will make it safely through to Salt Lake City, just in time to catch the final skit of Saturday Night Live.  Today we said our bittersweet good-byes to Portland and hello's to the new adventures ahead. 

Our next destination is Pagosa Springs, CO to spend 2 days at Wolf Creek enjoying this years amazing snow conditions before leaving behind what is likely to be the best skiing conditions in years! We then head down to Albuquerque to spend Christmas with the Chambers, New Mexico style...bring on the red and green chile (what is called "christmas" style)! I've learned my lesson in the past and packed extra Zantac ;)

Clayton flies out directly from Albuquerque shortly after the holidays to Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC), while I meet up with mums to drive back for a last Wisconsin visit and a little other traveling before my final flight to HCMC in early February.  It seems that I may be able to get a snowmobile ride or two in before I shove off as well! Gotta get all the snow action that we can because there will be nothing but hot weather, humid nights and sweltering heat to gear up for! (Not that I am complaining)

That is about as much as my tired brain can type out tonight, and I should probably spend the rest of my energy keeping Clayton distracted because "his eyeballs are about to pop out".

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't find the 'comments' area at first and got worried that you weren't going to allow us to post obscene things. Good news, I found it :)

    Have fun! We're discussing a plan to work on a cargo ship for a month to come visit you guys...we'll let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete